A little bit of adornment goes a long way when it’s shimmery, shinyÂ gold. A flash of it — or any other metallic — on eyes, lips, face or body, addsÂ instant glam, especially when it’s executed right. Kristina Magovac, National Makeup Artist for Japonesque says “gold can work for anyone, regardless of age.” Her 5 makeup tips will guarantee you get that Midas touch, without breaking the bank.
GO FOR THE GOLD
- Go subtle by using a fluffy blending brush for a light wash of color on the lids. If you prefer an intense gold color payoff instead, balance it with a light, neutral lip.
- Use a large powder brush with just a hint of gold powder to give cheeks anÂ understated hit of radiance.
- When applying gold to theÂ lips, lightly highlight the cupidâ€™s bow or add a touch to the middle of the bottom lip for a fuller pout.
- Just a hit of gold picks up light and will have youÂ glowing for the camera. Add highlighting powder to your shoulders, dÃ©colletage or legs for a gorgeous sheen.
- With gold, less is more. Steer clear of it if you have a heavy hand with makeup as it’s very easy to take the look from subtle glow to a gold goddess costume.
ALL THAT GLITTERS
Dolce & Gabbana The Lipgloss Ultra-Shine Lipgloss in GoldÂ ($31) gives your lips a glass-like sheen of sheer reflective shine. Use to highlight the center of your lips for a fuller-looking pout or warm up your lipstick shade by topping it with thisÂ subtle golden glow.
Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Mari(Gold)($25) is formulated with vitamin E and Rosa Canina Seed Extract to help soothe, and protect the delicate eye area, plus it has aÂ high-color payoffÂ that setsÂ in 15 seconds for a stay-put-all-day long-wearing, waterproof finish.
Japonesque Color Liquid Light in Shade 2Â ($28) imparts a lit-from-within glow.Â It's aÂ light-reflecting liquid that illuminates on contact so you look radiant, glowing, beautiful.Â UseÂ as a make-up base or applyÂ wherever you'd like to highlight.
Mehron Gold Metallic Powder and Mixing LiquidÂ ($12.95) combines theÂ ultra fine Metallic Powder Makeup (which can be used dry) or mixed with the liquid for a bolder statement. Ideal for body painting, face painting, and makeupÂ plus it washesÂ off easily with soap and water.
Nailtini Lacquer in MillionaireÂ ($13) is a decadent, rich gold with emerald multi-shaped glitter that can be worn full coverage (takes 2 coats) or layered over any other shade.
Shimmer Jewelry TattoosÂ ($10 for 50 Designs) is a way to have fun with the gold trend. You can go all out but it's more on trend to do the less is more thing here. AÂ smaller design on the inside of your wrist, your ankle or behind your ear will add aÂ hint ofÂ sexy without looking like you're trying to hard.