Photo Credit: Drugstore.com
BACK TO CAMPUS BEAUTY By Wendy Lewis
(HealthNewsDigest.com) – It’s that time of year again – the joys of dorm life are back. All your prized belongings, favorite jeans, can’t-live-without t-shirts, lip glosses, have to fit into one big trunk, and you have to condense your beauty routine down to a few easy steps. You will be showering with strangers out of a petite plastic caddy with only your grooming essentials; shampoo, conditioner, face cleanser, and body wash. It makes it tough to keep up your beauty routines under these circumstances.
But the stress of pending exams and sleep deprivation can wreak havoc with your skin. Being on a tight budget as all college students are these days, Target, CVS, Walgreen’s and Duane Reade are going to become your beauty BFFs. Double duty beauty from the drugstore can save your life, and luckily, there are some great products to choose from on the shelves.
Try these top ten multi-taskers that won’t break the bank:
1. Aquaphor Healing Ointment – Use it as a foot cream, lip balm, hand moisturizer, and it will make your skin soft. Great for chapped skin, elbows and heels too.
2. CoverGirl Lash Blast Luxe Mascara – The flexible rubber brush on it is incredible and gives your lashes a dark glossy thick look with one or two coats – use it with or without eye makeup, it gives you a dramatic look.
3. Revlon Just Bitten – Lip stain plus gloss in one easy applicator, lasts all day if you don’t bite your lips.
4. Clean N’ Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets – These are a must to throw in your bag for when your skin starts to shine around noon.
5. Physicians Formula On the Go 3 in 1 Concealer, Foundation, Powder – Gives you a naturally light glow all over your face and covers flaws, dark circles, zits.
6. Aveeno Active Naturals Postiively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer – Double duty moisturizer for day with a hint of color
7. Neutrogena Foaming Face Wash Pads – Simple and effective way to wash your face and keep blemishes under control.
8. Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes – Cheap and cheerful soothing towelettes to carry around campus for freshening up your face.
9. Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Resurfacing 3 way Cleanser – A cleanser, scrub and mask all in one little green tube.
10. Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer – Extend your summer tan with this subtle bronzing cream.
Wendy Lewis is President of Wendy Lewis & Co Ltd, an author of 10 books on beauty and the Founder and Editor in Chief of BeautyintheBag