Photo Credit: redken.com
EFFORTLESS HAIR FOR SPRING
Naomi Campbell’s Fashion for Relief show helped raise awareness for Ebola during New York’s Fashion Week. Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist (yes her name really is Balding) showcased her ideal spring hairstyle – flattering and outfit-appropriate on allÂ 63 models whoÂ strutted their stuff in their bohemian, glam or rock ‘n roll attire.
Balding specifically created a look that would work with all these different fashions â€“ a center part, pulled back behind ears and the back section straight with slight movement. She says this style is “versatile for any occasion and you’ll look immediately pulled together with an effortless feel.”Â Though this simplicity-at-its-best style may look effortless, it stillÂ has some structure for a more purposeful look. It’s also versatile enough to be worn during the day or evening and can even be pulled back into a ponytail at the nape of neck to switch things up.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
- Create a center part from the front and back to the crown.
- Keep the texture clean-looking and give the hair some definition, manageability and control withÂ Redken Rough Paste ($19). Simply smooth it over the part for a natural sheen.
- Take the front sections of hair in front of the ear and pull back into a small ponytail at the nape.
- Gently blend front to back by using a small oval bristle brush so it looks like the hair is just tucked behind the ears.
- This look will ensure the hair will stay right behind the ear and not drop forward
- Use a medium sized curling iron to create a bend and movement throughout the back area. This allows the hair to move and help it keep a soft feel.
- Finish by misting Redken Fashion Work,Â ($18) a light, fast-drying, versatile hairspray.
Jenny is one of New York Cityâ€™s most sought after hairstylists, bringing nearly two decades of experience in both the UK and US. She’sÂ a Senior Stylist at NYC’sÂ Cutler SalonÂ helps each client find the cut and style that works best for them and their lifestyle. She consistently leads shows each season during New York Fashion Week and has also worked the runways of Marc Jacobs, Cynthia Rowley, Betsey Johnson, Proenza Schouler, Badgley Mischka and Carmen Marc Valvo. Jenny also serves asÂ Redkenâ€™sÂ Grooming & Styling Expert and consults with the brand on new launches and styling techniques. HeidiÂ Klum, Miranda Kerr, Karolina Kurkova, Iman, Alyssa Milano, Jillian Michaels, Rachael Ray are just a sampling of the well-known celebs who have graced her chair.