Fall always seems like the beginning of the year to me; I guess I’ll always be a student at heart. And summer….well let’s just say that falling leaves, crisp nights, and fresh apples appeal to me much more than stifling humidity and sunburns. That said, I was delighted to see Dior get a jump on fall with it’s first ever pre-fall color collection called Icons.
The lineup is inspired by the pre-fall fashion collection created by Raf Simons, the Belgian designer who joined the classic couture house in 2012 as creative director. The fashions update classic Dior jackets and silhouettes with unusual fabrics like t-shirt material and primary jewel tones and gold. Very back-to-school.
Eyes colors combine smoky blue, silver, and shades of gold. Lips follow the classic path with red, fuchsia, and pink. Cheeks are enhanced with dusty rose.
The Dior Nail Artistry Box ($60) is another highlight of the collection. It includes nail embellishments like Swarovski crystals, lucky stars, and clover charms.
The collection is available now on Dior.com and at Nordstrom next month.
Dior Color Icons Collection :
- Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadow in Trompe L’Oeil ($30.00)
- Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadow in Reveuse ($30.00)
- Dior 3-Couleurs Smoky Eyeshadow in Smoky Gold ($48.00)
- Diorshow Art Pen in Cruise Blue ($30.00)
- Rouge Dior Lipstick in Tout Paris ($34.00)
- Rouge Dior Lipstick in La Vie ($34.00)
- Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Rose Tricheuse ($35.00)
- Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Mona Lisette ($35.00)
- Dior Vernis in Reflects ($25.00)
- Dior Vernis in Night Shock ($25.00)
- Dior Vernis in Tout Paris ($25.00)
- Diorblush in Rose Libertine ($42.00)
- Dior Nail Artistry Box ($60.00)