Looking your best during the scorching summer days can be daunting. Keeping cool while doing so can be near impossible. Don’t sweat it! We’ve rounded upÂ the bestÂ beat-the-heat tips andÂ product recommendations to help youÂ do just that.
STAY HYDRATED: Fill up a pitcher with water. Add sliced cucumbers,Â lemons or limes and pour over ice. Sip often.
RELAX YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE:Â Â A little concealer, tinted moisturizer, and waterproof mascara will stay put and give you just enough polish.Â Marc Jacobs Remedy Concealer – Concealer PenÂ ($39)Â delivers targeted anti-aging and brightening ingredients with a patented palladium tip that cools on touch.
PULL YOUR HAIR BACK: Â The Low Ponytail is on-trend for all ages and works on the steamiest of days. Just slick back and secure with a band just above the neck.
CLOTHES CALL: Slip intoÂ light colored, loosely cut skirts and dresses in natural materials like cotton and linen, which won’t trap heat the way synthetic clothing can. Pair with open-toe or strappy sandals so your feet can breath easy.
SPRITZ AWAY: Facial mists are lifesavers on those steamy days andÂ many are even formulated with anti-agers and other skin friendly ingredients to do more than simply refresh. You’ll appreciateÂ one with “cooling” ingredients, crucial this time of year.
- Caudalie Beauty ElixirÂ ($49) has a cult following for a reason. It’s formulated with rosemary, peppermint, and other invigorating ingredients to wake up your skin and your senses. SpritzÂ any time you need a lift.
- Osmotics Cosmeceuticals Blue Copper 5 Cooling Moisture MistÂ ($35) is a 3-in-1 anti-aging moisturizer that soothes, tones, and hydrates even sensitive skin.
- glo minerals Revive Hydration MistÂ ($18.50) blends anti-oxidants and anti-agers with peppermint, lavender, and rosemary essential oils to instantly refresh.
- LUSH Breath of Fresh Air Soothing Seawater SprayÂ ($10) combines aloe, seaweed, and rose to cleanse, soften and soothe.
- Lather Cucumber and Ginseng Facial MistÂ ($16) is formulated withÂ cucumber, algae, and ginseng extracts.
THE HOT LIST: Gel and water-based products offer a quick hit of instant refreshment, as do products formulated with mint, menthol, rosemary, and cucumber. Besides being found in your favorite cooling mists, they’re plentiful inÂ makeup, hair care, and skin care. Stock up and stay coolÂ withÂ these head to toe must-haves.
- Sephora Collection Cooling Mint Blotting PapersÂ ($10) banish shine and leave behind aÂ minty-fresh feeling.
- Laura Geller Beauty Cool LidsÂ ($19) is a long-wearing cream shadow that revives tired eyes on contact and dries to a wet-look finish that stays put. Available in 6 gorgeous shimmery shades.
- Exuviance DePuffing Eye SerumÂ ($72) has a triple micro-roller applicator to gently massage, stimulate circulation, andÂ depuff as it delivers cooling botanicals and special anti-aging ingredients for immediate and long-term results.
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel MaskÂ ($45) contains soothing ingredients to immediately calm and moisturizeÂ irritated skin.
- Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating GelÂ ($9) soothes and rehydrates dry, irritated skin thanks to hyaluronic acidÂ andÂ aloe vera.
- L’Occitane Ice Gel for Legs and FeetÂ ($22)Â instantly relieves hot, tiredÂ legs when massaged onto the arch of the foot, the ankle, and the lower leg.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 30 Cooling Water Lotion SunscreenÂ ($36) is different than any other sunscreen you’ve tried. It gives youÂ broad spectrum sun protection and antioxidant protection plusÂ it’s formulaÂ transforms like water onto the skin for an immediate cooling effect.
*Tip: Refrigerate your lotions, creams, and other beauty products for an extra hitÂ of cool when applying.