Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Over the years, most of the working models that I’ve met seem to have one thing in common, gorgeous, radiant skin. And those that don’t come by this glow naturally almost always know how to perfect the look of their skin with makeup.
You certainly deserve a model-worthy complexion too, and the right makeup products can help you get the look. The worst thing you can do is cover your complexion with makeup that’s like a mask. The secret to a natural-looking radiant complexion is that you actually want some of the skin to show through. When you’re applying your makeup, less is usually more. You can always apply more if desired.
Ready to give it a go? Here’s how you can get a flawless-looking face in 5 easy steps:
- Start with a bit of concealer on trouble spots like dark under eye circles, any redness around the nose area, and blemishes.
- Follow this up with foundation only where needed. Apply it before gently blending it out with a makeup sponge. *Tip: Blending with a damp sponge will sheer out your foundation for a lighter looking finish while blending it with a dry sponge will give you more coverage.
- Smile and apply a cream blush to the apples of your cheeks. Subtly blend it out upwards towards your temple area.
- Apply a matte bronzer to the hairline and jawline and gently blend well for some added and understated contouring.
- Finish with a touch of highlighter on your cheekbones and brow bone. Keep in mind that a little goes a long way so you’ll look radiant, not greasy.
CONCEALER: Guerlain Multi-Perfecting Concealer ($40) is ideal for under eye circles, complexion imperfections and color correction. This hydrating concealer is formulated with soft-focus powders to blur problem areas, as well as natural fibers to help hide any redness you may have. To apply, simply dab it on and gently blend.
FOUNDATION: Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect Makeup Broad Spectrum 35 ($50) has a non-oily mattifying formula that will perfect your complexion and leave it looking luminous all day long. After repeated use, you’ll also find your skin’s texture improved.
BLUSH: Givenchy Blush Memoire De Forme Pop Up Jelly Blush ($38) supplies your complexion with that lit-from-within glow that is virtually impossible to come by naturally once your teenage-years have passed. The formula has a unique elastic texture that deposits even, comfortable and lightweight color, plus an inclusion of an infusion of floral water that leaves behind a light and lovely scent.
BRONZER: Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer ($30) blends cocoa powder with bronzing pigments to enhance all complexions and neutralize redness. It’s super-sheer, never looks orange and comes in three flattering-for-all shades.
HIGHLIGHTER: Make Up For Ever Pro Light Fusion Highlighter
($39) is available in a golden pink shade for light to medium skin tones and a golden shade for medium to dark complexions. Use it as a highlighter or to add extra radiance to your complexion. The gel-powder formula goes on sheer, feels silky smooth and blends easily for a mistake-proof application.
*NOTE: All beauty products were tested in store. Opinions are my own.