Photo Credit: TheBodyShop.com
The Body Shop has always been vocal in the cruelty-free department, and has been vocal about its non tolerance of animal testing for a long time. But now, it’s elevated its voice to an entirely new level, by signing up actress and environmental activist Lily Cole as its first ever Global Brand Advocate and spokesperson for its first-ever “Cruelty-Free” makeup collection. The Lily Cole Cruelty-Free Makeup Collection is launching in tandem with the brand’s “Beauty with Heart” campaign, which is in partnership with the Cruelty-Free International Foundation.
Cole says, “I feel like people are questioning superficial values and looking for real value instead. True beauty comes from within, and I feel that more and more people are beginning to realize that.” The new, predominantly pink collection is strictly Limited Edition and contains no animal products and has not even been tested on animals.
The collection includes:
- Mini Hi-Shine super shiny glosses ($5 each): These are cute, keychain-size precious purse friendly glosses that come in Go Pink, Go Wild, Go Play and Go Naked colors with fun and fruity flavors packed in each tube. It’s a wet-look gloss that moisturizes, yet gives you a dewy look. This gloss seriously leaves your lips with lots of shine but doesn’t look tacky at all. I would definitely recommend buying all four. A tip? Layer them for different colors and textures!
- Pearl Radiance Primer ($22): This is one of the most innovative primers I’ve seen on the market. It looks like a slim tube of tiny pearls, but when you dispense it in your hand, the pearls come out crushed and semi-solid, ready for you to use on your face. The are light-diffusing, and yes you do see noticeable radiance on your skin. It also aims to hydrate the skin (and it does) for that summer glow.
- Mini Brush Set ($19): This is a set of four mini brushes for the cheeks, lips, eyes. It also comes with a mirrored wallet, and includes a blusher brush, eyeshadow brush, slanted brush and lipstick/concealer brush. Perfect for the harried traveler!
- Liquid Eyeliner ($13.50): While this collection is predominantly pink, this liquid eyeliner is quite a dramatic violet. It’s not designed for shrinking violets – so be warned! The eyeliner features a precise felt-tip applicator and it’s thin enough to be used as a light liner but flexible enough for layering.
- Puff on Radiance ($22): This globe-shaped container has small pearls that transform into powder for the face, cheeks and decollete area. It comes with a super soft pink-ribboned puff.
- Shimmer Cubes ($22): These eyeshadow cubes come in pinks and lilacs, perfect for that soft, floral summer face. The colors include Think Pink, Live Lilac, Go Violet and Tint It Pink.
- Lip and Cheek Dome ($15): This is one of my most favorite products in the collection. A creamy gel masquerading as a cool dome, this format makes it easy to apply color on your cheeks and lips. It comes in Pinch me Pink and Crazy for Coral.
The entire collection contains no bug shells, fish scales, animal hair or any other pesky detail. There are also some other products in the collection that you can view here. The collection is available now online and in-store in Limited Edition quantities.
Don’t forget to sign the pledge if you support cruelty-free makeup! The pledge is also available for signature at all The Body Shop stores.