What do Andie MacDowell, Julianna Margulies, Trisha Yearwood and Arianna Huffington have in common? At the 7th annual L’Oreal Paris Women of Worth (WOW) awards last week in New York City, each of these celebrities had the honor of introducing one of 10 remarkable women, who were recognized for their life-changing philanthropy.
Not only are the honorees community volunteers and leaders, but each founded and/or runs a charitable organization that impacts thousands of people. Some of these organizations have grown beyond their founder’s wildest dreams and today boast thousands of worldwide volunteers working for their cause.
[caption id=”attachment_27388″ align=”aligncenter” width=”
Do you know an outstanding women volunteer, whose dedicated work makes an indelible contribution to her community? Consider recognizing this outstanding achiever by nominating her for the Sixth Annual Women of Worth Awards sponsored by L’Oreal Paris. Nominations are open now through June 30 at www.womenofworth.com.
“We look forward to discovering and honoring extraordinary and inspiring women who are making a difference in their communities through volunteerism,” said L’Oreal Paris President Karen Fondu.
Past honorees have dedicated themselves to providing relief and raising awareness among a broad range of causes, including hunger, homelessness, lack of healthcare and educat
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS