Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Just about everyone strives for smooth, fuzz-free skin from the waist down (especially come summer) but shaving, waxing and other depilation methods often come at a price: Ingrown hairs. According to Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey board-certified dermatologist Naana Boakye, M.D., the root cause (no pun intended) of this common problem is the body’s natural reaction to a foreign object. “When shaving, hair is cut on an angle, which creates a sharp tip that often penetrates into the dermis and causes inflammation.” To this end, Dr. Boakye’s top hair-removal recommendations are lasers and threading (she’s not a fan of waxing due to the risk of heat-induced discoloration), but if you jus
Just because summer is over doesn’t mean you will be hiding your legs anytime soon. Smooth, stubble-free legs will still be peaking out from peplum and pencil skirts for a few months to come. With so many options on the market, though, it’s hard to choose a shaving product that works best for you. No need to look puzzled in front of a store shelf. Here, BITB compares gels and creams and lists a few of our favorites, making the job easier for you.
Are You Gelling?
One main advantage of gels is that they tend to be more substantial, which helps the razor glide across the
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS