Years ago, when I was a single mom and too poor to buy a traditional hot oil hair treatment, I warmed some olive oil in a saucepan and poured it over my head. Olive oil has been used for thousands of years for a variety of purposes. Ancient Greeks not only cooked with it, they knew of its healing and beautifying properties.
To make the oil – called nature’s gold – olives are gathered and cleaned, then washed to remove pesticides and ground into paste. The paste is heated and the oil is separated from the water in a centrifuge and stored for use in cooking or commercial products. Here’s a roundup of beauty items made with this all-natural product.
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS