Drop that hot wax! A new study out of Nice, France, turned up a potential downside of bikini waxing. Brazilian waxing and other methods of removing pubic hair may increase the risk of catching a certain skin infection through sexual activity, according to this preliminary research.
The study, conducted by two French dermatologists and a global health researcher from Emory University at a private health clinic in France was published in the sister publication of the British Medical Journal called Sexually Transmitted Infections. It looked into the relationship between pubic hair removal (excluding laser treatments) and the increase of Molluscum contagiosum, a minor pox virus that causes
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS