Plastic surgery isn’t just about scalpels anymore. According to the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS), non-surgical procedures such as chemical peels and filler and toxin injections topped the list of most requested procedures in 2011.
In addition to addressing traditional concerns like lines and wrinkles, non-surgical procedures also can repair beauty regrets like the results from spending too much time in the sun or even sagging earlobes from years of wearing heavy earrings.
“Every FDA approved product, including fillers, has an indication supported by data generated from clinical trials,” stated Tom Wang, M.D. and president of AAFPRS. “Howe
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY