The behind-the-scenes of fragrance creation is a fascinating world. And, in my opinion, perfumers have one of the most creative and expressive jobs in the process. Not only do they work with lovely odors all day, but also they get to meet well-known designers and celebrities in the process—think Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and Vera Wang.
Department store counters are chock-a-block full of new and popular scents, but perfumers really soar when they compose so-called niche fragrances. Produced in limited quantities and sold at specialty boutiques, these scents defy the conventional. They use rare ingredients, smell like nothing else, and generally cost more. True uniqueness has its price!
What do Tom Ford and Justin Bieber have in common? If you think not much, try again. They were both winners at the 2012 FiFi Fragrance Awards. Considered to be the “Oscars” of the fragrance industry, the awards ceremony took place on May 22, 2012 at Lincoln Center in New York.
A total of 27 awards were announced and each winner was presented with the coveted crystal FiFi award. Justin Bieber, who accepted his honor via a pre-recorded video, won the 2012 “Elizabeth Taylor Fragrance Celebrity of the Year” honor for his Someday scent. Tom Ford Beauty was the big winner of the evening winning three awards, one for Tom Ford Violet Blonde, and two for Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge – Private
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS