George Papanikolas knows hair and he knows coloring. He knows what is going to look natural, frame your face and make your eyes stand out. He also knows what’s not going to work and will ultimately damage your mane.
It’s a gift, and one that has made Papanikolas among the most sought after colorists in Hollywood, Manhattan and Dubai. Using the French, freehand technique called Balayage, he creates natural-looking, sun-kissed color for all-comers. He divides his time between Los Angeles, at the Andy Lecompte Salon; New York City, at the Rita Hazan Salon; and Dubai at the Belle Femme Salon. Papanikolas is also the celebrity stylist for Matrix.
He was in New York City for a fashio
Salon straightening treatments have been a real game changer for frizz-fighting, with a few short hours in a stylist’s chair shaving cumulative hours off of clients’ daily beauty regimens. Concerns over formaldehyde content prompted a Cosmetic Industry Review, which should conclude this fall. In the meantime, we wanted to give a run-down of our experiences with Brazilian Blowout and Coppola Keratin Complex, two of the biggest names in the arena. We also have some tips for choosing a salon and a stylist when booking a straightening service.
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY