Good News for Women with Breast Implants!Although it has taken way too many years to finally prove the safety of silicone gel,there are now an infinite number of implant choices available for women,not only in terms of fillers and the implant shell itself,but also in the variety of shapes available.Fortunately,the leakage concern with silicone gel has been largely overridden with new technology.The newest form of silicone gel is thicker and does not flow freely.Mentor MemoryGel® breast implants are FDA approved for breast augmentation in the U.S and have been used for almost 20 years. One million women all over the world have these silicone gel implants. One of the main advantages is tha
In the UK, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is advising breast implant surgeons not to use silicone gel filled breast implants manufactured by the French company Poly Implant Prothese (PIP). The MHRA was informed by the French medical device regulatory authority (AFSSAPS) that they have suspended the company’s marketing, distribution and export of these products. They found that since 2001 PIP implants have been filled with an unauthorised silicone gel which differs from the originally approved material which could increase the risk. YIKES!
So MRHA has recommended to plastic surgeons NOT to use the PIP implants and if you have already had a breast au
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS