Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
A typical head of hair loses approximately 100 strands per day, but if you’re noticing an excessive number of hairs on the pillow in the morning, in the shower drain or in your comb, this may be a sign of female pattern hair loss. Rather than causing large balding areas, female hair loss typically presents as a widening part or scalp visibility in some areas. Excessive shedding can also be due to an underlying health problem or scalp issue, which results in temporary hair loss called Telogen Effluvium.
Regardless of cause, hair loss typically worsens if left untreated, which is why it’s important to visit a qualified hair restoration physician if you suspect a problem. He or she will
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS