There’s no shortage of cosmetic dentists on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, and yet Saul Pressner DMD, FAGD, stands out from the crowd. His hands-on, sensible approach to smile maintenance has made him something of a celebrity among patients.
Pressner, the current President of Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry, believes in tooth preservation, and aims to avoid painful, invasive and uber-expensive procedures when and where he can. Biomimetic means to copy or mimic nature – and it’s a an approach that is taking root (pun intended).
Beauty In The Bag chatted with Pressner about biomimetic dentistry, smile saboteurs and more.
1. What is Biomimetic Denti
Looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right?
Your best bet is to put your money where your mouth is, literally.
Turns out,bad teeth can be a major turn off for anyone who is looking for love.In fact,a not-quite-so-killer smile is second only to bad grammar when it comes to dater’s list of deal breakers,according to a national poll of almost 5,500 unattached adults aged 21 and older.The survey was conducted by MarketTools Inc.for the Internet dating site Match.com Nancy Rosen,DMD, a cosmetic dentist in New York City, says that many a lonely heart will seek her services so that they can get back out there and find their ideal mate. “One of the first things people notice in the opposite sex is their
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY