You could call 2014 the year of the prolonged winter, and baby it’s still so cold outside that it’s hard not to stop slathering facial reams, oils, and serums to retain a sense of balance. To help you get through these last dregs of winter, we tested lotions, potions, masks, and gels to come up with our hot list for cold weather hydration—which will hopefully put the cold’s lingering dry spell to rest.
Simple Advisory Board member & celebrity dermatologist Dr. Debra Luftman says that a gel is best used by oily or normal skin types. “Creams are more moisturizing and therefore are best used by normal or dry skin types,” she says, adding that the climate is important to consider. In a
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS