Certain women can pull off the bold lip look with aplomb. Me…I’ve never been one of them. When I go for statement makeup, I tend to shy away from a bold-colored mouth and choose a kohl-rimmed eye or something smoky instead. But lately, I’m liking the bright lipped look — I’ve been favoring it in shades of red, plum and even fuchsia.
If you feel like a statement lip is something you can’t do, I’m here to tell you that you can and should give it a shot. Done right, there’s nothing sexier and it’s easier than ever to make it work. Simply downplay the rest of your makeup in neutral shades and play up your lips so that they take center stage.
4 EASY STEPS TO GET BRIGHT RIGHT:
It is common knowledge that smell is very powerful sense, able to evoke strong emotional reactions. The way it works is we breathe something in and our olfactory receptors pick it up. These receptors are directly linked to the limbic system, believed to be the seat of emotion. From there signals are sent and relayed to the cortex, where ‘cognitive’ recognition occurs, thereby triggering an emotional response in us. Since it’s widely believed that pleasant fragrances can improve our sense of well-being and have a positive effect on our mood, we’re all for breathing in pleasant scents as often as possible…and nothing smells better than dessert!
National Dessert Day was Wednesday, Octo
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY