Looking a bit like a cross between a small eggplant and a plum, the exotic mangosteen is one of the latest super fruits to catch the attention of the beauty industry –with good reason. Native to Southeast Asia, the mangosteen is noted for being rich in xanthones and flavonoids, powerful phytonutrients that may promote healthy bodily function, including support of the cardiovascular and immune systems. In addition, its purple rind may possess unprecedented antioxidant properties, among other benefits.
The national fruit of Thailand, the mangosteen features edible white flesh that is sweet, tangy and citrusy with a peach’s flavor and texture. Outside of Southeast Asia, it is most common
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS