Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Among the first signs of fall is the welcome reappearance of sumptuous wine, scarlet, chocolate, and deep amethyst hues at Sephora. Of course, true to form, one of my picks for fall is YSL’s Rouge Pur Couture in Le Nu, a beautiful nude that covers my lips in a single smooth stroke. This rich elegant formula has an iconic 1940s look and feel and lasts really well without touchups. The deeper shades are beautiful too if you want to dive right into the season, even before the leaves start turning. Totally worth the $38 splurge, the new limited edition comes in 7 luscious shades.
I always switch up my
Photo Credit: Sandra Evand and Catherine LIttlefield
One of the great things about being a beauty editor is meeting the movers and shakers of the industry—the product developers, marketing executives, and public relations pros that make sure the greatest and latest makeup and skincare get to stores and shelves.
In addition to press events, editors get to hobnob with beautymakers at trade shows and industry events. This week, the annual HBA Global Expo took place in New York City at the Jacob Javits Center.
The show comprises product, ingredient, and packaging exhibits, as well as a roster of educational seminars. That’s where the hobnobbing begins, and in fact Beautyinthebag’s very own editor in chief Wendy Lewis conducted one of
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS