Letter from the Editor at Large
With Russian spies successfully infiltrating American communities (but thankfully not our government), it’s no wonder that an equally wild cosmetics scandal has been somewhat buried. Liliane Bettencourt, the richest woman in France and heiress to the L’Oréal fortune, is accused of tax evasion as well as making illegal cash donations to the 2007 election campaign of President Nicolas Sarkozy of France. The story unfolded during a court case brought by Mrs. Bettencourt’s estranged daughter Françoise Meyers-Bettencourt against François-Marie Banier, a society dandy and photographer, accused of taking advantage of the elderly dowager’s frailty and
First NYC salt room treats skin and respiratory problems.
Photo Credit: haloair.com
There’s a new salt breeze blowing through Manhattan. No, it’s not the result of an ominous climate shift, but rather an ages old phenomenon heretofore unknown in these parts: therapeutic salt rooms. Halo/Air Salt Rooms, an Eastern European-style import by way of Israel, has opened the first New York City salt room at 133 W. 22nd Street. It’s called halotherapy and the rooms replicate naturally occurring salt caves located in Eastern Europe.
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY