Dermatology and the beauty industry have lost one of their great innovators. Sheldon Pinnell, MD, dermatologist and scientist, passed away on July 4 at the age of 76. His breakthrough investigative research on the uses of topical antioxidants lead to the founding of cosmeceutical company SkinCeuticals in 1994.
Dr. Pinnell was the first person to patent a stable form of vitamin C, which was proven through peer-reviewed research to effectively penetrate that skin and deliver eight times the skin’s natural antioxidant protection. The antioxidant benefits of vitamin C help the skin defend itself against sun damage as well as other aggressors.
“Prior to the introduction of topical vitam
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS