I came across an old photo the other day. My sister and I couldn’t have been more than 5 or 6 at the time and we were standing on the side of our home in our leotards and tutus, practicing first position. I say practicing because she was clearly in first position and I was looking down at her feet trying to copy her but not quite there yet. She is 51 weeks older than me so clearly she had an edge.
Looking at the photo, I noticed the rose bushes behind us. They lined the side of our home and were brilliantly colored in shades of deep red, a mellow yellow, bright tangerine and poppy pink. My dad would spend hours pruning them and every weekend before Sunday brunch my mom would send us our
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY