Photo Credit: med.nyu.edu
Treating skin of color is known to be challenging as it has different properties which can lead to unique skin conditions, but Nada Elbuluk, M.D, an assistant professor at the Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology at New York University Langone Medical Center in New York City, is more than up for the task. In fact, she welcomes it. Elbuluk specializes in the treatment of skin and color as well as pigmentary disorders including vitiligo and melasma.
She received her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Princeton University in New Jersey, where she also minored in Gender studies and African American studies. She earned her medical degree with a distinction in research at the Univer
Gel manicures and pedicures are popular largely because they last a lot longer than traditional manicures with acrylic nail polish.
How much longer? Traditional manicures last two to three days tops without chipping (most of the time, your nails chip before you get home from the salon), but gel nail polish can last up to two weeks without a chip or crack.
Yes, that’s a major plus, but experts warn that the risks of gel manicures may outweigh their benefits. Gel manicures may be causing your nails to grow brittle and/or peel and crack, says Chris Adigun, MD, a dermatologist and assistant professor of dermatology at The Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology at New York Univers
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS