Most skin firming and tightening devices are based on the principle of sending heat to the deeper levels of the skin while protecting and bypassing the outermost layer of the skin. The added benefit of these nonablative skin rejuvenating systems is that there is little or no downtime in the form of scabbing, bruising, swelling and crusting. They heat and tighten loose skin by inducing deeper skin retraction under the skin – so the surface remains intact and you can wear makeup right away.
These devices may utilize a variety of energy including radiofrequency, broad based light, or ultrasound to deliver heat. Areas that can be treated may include the forehead, around the eyelids, lower f
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON