There’s been much ado about the Mediterranean style diet of late with headline after headline touting its benefits for heart health and longevity.
The latest study in the New England Journal of Medicine showed that people at increased risk for heart disease who ate a Mediterranean diet slashed their risk of strokes and heart attacks by 30%.
That’s major in its own right, but this way of eating will help you look better too, says Nikolaos Metaxotos MD, PhD, President & CEO of Symmetria in Athens, Greece. (And he should know, he’s Greek!) “A Mediterranean diet will not only improve your body’s health, but will also improve the appearance and health of your skin,” he tel
A glass of red wine a day can keep the doctor away and we can thank resveratrol—a potent antioxidant extracted from grape skins—for that. In fact, resveratrol is believed to play a key factor in the French Paradox (high-fat diet, relatively little heart disease). Beauty companies too are touting the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of resveratrol and incorporating it into skincare and even makeup. Resveratrol—good for you inside and out.
Leave it to Caudalíe, the vine-based skincare brand from France, to fully research the benefits of a vine-related ingre
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS