Dr. Alexes Hazen is a board certified Plastic surgeon and Director of the prestigious New York University Aesthetic Center. She also serves as an active Board Member of the AiRS Foundation, AiRS is a non-profit organization that helps women with reconstructive breast surgery after breast cancer.
She has researched developing 3D animation and surgical simulation to help educate both patients and residents regarding surgical procedures. Dr. Hazen has also done research focused on lipoaspirate. She developed an animal model to study lipoaspirate as well as an animal model to study radiation damage.
Dr. Hazen believes in the importance of having a sense of well-being and self-confidence, a
Reprinted from HealthNewsDigest.com
The myriad decisions women face after receiving a breast cancer diagnosis are intensely personal. Finding out about breast reconstruction should begin when you are first diagnosed, so you do not make decisions that may limit your future options. In 2009, 86,424 breast reconstruction procedures were performed according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, but surprisingly, many women are not properly informed about all of their reconstructive options at the time of diagnosis. “This is an important conversation that should take place when a woman is diagnosed so she is informed about choices that can improve her quality of life,” says Susan Do
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY