Photo Credit: dovemencare.com
Most men don’t talk about skin care or grooming products with their buddies the way that women do with theirs, but that doesn’t mean men don’t care – they just may not know who to ask.
We asked Washington,DC-based dermatologist Terrence Keaney, M.D., to tell us what he keeps in his shower caddy and to share tips for men who may be grooming-challenged.
“Because men typically produce more oil and sweat, they are very sensitive to tactile sensations produced by skincare products and soaps,” he says. “Any soap that leaves a residue or makes a men’s skin feel oilier should be avoided.”
Keaney’s pick: Choose for-men-only soaps such as Dove
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS