Nail parlors as inviting as a Starbucks? Seems like an impossibility, but Julep founder Jane Park envisioned nail salons as bonding places for women, much like golf courses are for men, and made it a reality. In 2007, she opened the first Julep nail parlor in Seattle and today runs a brand that specializes in nails but also offers skincare, beauty, and hair products that are sold at Sephora and online. Building a social media community has been key to the brand’s success and now includes thousands and thousands of members. Here Jane shares her story with Beauty in the Bag.
Tell us a bit about your background. How did you get started in the beauty business?
I was a
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event