Photo Credit: tomyrivero.com
With over a decade of experience in the beauty industry, Tomy Rivero is a widely sought after makeup artist. Based in New York and Los Angeles, he continually works on top magazines, feature films and television as well as collaborating with New York Fashion Week shows. Rivero has worked extensively with elite models including Dorota Kollova (Prada) and Arlenis Soso (Lancome) as well as celebrities such as Barbara Corcoran (Shark Tank) and Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones).
Tomy chatted with Beauty in the Bag about the biggest beauty faux-pas, makeup must-haves, his favorite makeup look this season and more.
Here’s what he had to say:
Photo Credit: Urban Decay's Book of Shadows (Vol. IV)
BITB is dedicated to bringing you the latest and greatest in beauty and this instalment is no exception. Editor of the UK’s Pure Beauty magazine, Emily Miller speaks to BITB London about the future of beauty – distilling the trends from the fads, and sorting the winners from the losers…
What are the current trends and which are going to become the next big thing in beauty?
Skincare and make up hybrids are probably the biggest trend in beauty right now. Following phenomenal popularity in Asian markets, BB (Blemish Balm) creams seem to be launching left, right and centre – and I know I’m not the first person to have noticed. Garnier was the first to bring out a mass-market v
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS