Long gone are the days when having a peel or a laser treatment meant hiding out for weeks until the redness subsided. Today’s kinder, gentler treatments are easier on your skin, and you can get back to work or play faster than ever.
With a little help from our 5 favorite rapid recovery products, you can saunter back to your desk over a long weekend without having to answer a ton of probing questions, like “What have you done to your face?, or become the water cooler topic.
iS Clinical Sheald Recovery Balm ($68 ) – If you’re a serum kind of gal, look no further. iS Clinical has a roster of antiox
After laser resurfacing and peels, layering on acids and purging pores, your skin may be in need of some serious TLC. But because the outer layer has been disturbed to allow room for healthy, new cells to rise to the top, even something you may have used for years may cause a reaction. So if you are not careful, you can end up with little red bumps (dermatitis) or little white cysts (milia) from using the wrong aftercare product on your delicate post resurfaced skin. Using the wrong products or even too much of the right products can also cause serious complications and delay the healing process.
As a general rule, after most forms of laser resurfacing, you need to keep your skin moist
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY