Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
A typical head of hair loses approximately 100 strands per day, but if you’re noticing an excessive number of hairs on the pillow in the morning, in the shower drain or in your comb, this may be a sign of female pattern hair loss. Rather than causing large balding areas, female hair loss typically presents as a widening part or scalp visibility in some areas. Excessive shedding can also be due to an underlying health problem or scalp issue, which results in temporary hair loss called Telogen Effluvium.
Regardless of cause, hair loss typically worsens if left untreated, which is why it’s important to visit a qualified hair restoration physician if you suspect a problem. He or she will
Samuel Lam, MD, founder of Lam Facial Plastics in Dallas, Texas, knows that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and as a facial plastic surgeon, he takes pride in cultivating this experience.
When evaluating beauty, Lam puts balance before symmetry–and his outside-of-the box thinking is changing the way we see ourselves and others.
“Beauty is instinct,” he says. “You know it when you see it.”
A double board-certified facial plastic surgeon and a board-certified hair restoration surgeon, Lam has written five major medical textbooks, Comprehensive Facial Rejuvenation, Cosmetic Surgery of the Asian Face, Complementary Fat Grafting, Simplified Facial Rejuvenation, and Hair
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY