Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Dark spots, sun spots, age spots, liver spots, freckles, hyperpigmentation, PIH…..
Whatever you call it, skin discolorations can be a major confidence spoiler—and they also make you look older! Here’s why you get those pesky brownish patches on your cheeks, chin, forehead, chest and hands—also called “solar lentigenes” by dermatologists.
Uneven skin tone is a major concern for a large percentage of men and women ages 25-54 according to a February 2013 study conducted by Opinion Research Corporation (online omnibus panel of 1,000 respondents, 18-65). Specifically, 30% of ages 25-34, 33% of ages 35-44, and 31% of ages 45-54 noted their disappointment with skin discoloration.
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event