Photo Credit: Pexels.com
Imagine this. You book yourself in for a “Vampire Facial” treatment a la KKW and you end up with HIV? It sounds like a science experiment gone wrong, but this actually happened.
Tragically, two customers of the VIP Spa in Albuquerque, NM, were found to be infected with HIV after having PRP injections. This precipitated the New Mexico Department of Health to offer free HIV and Hepatitis B and C screenings to anyone who was injected there for a specified period before the spa was ultimately shut down after a health inspection found that unsafe practices may have spread blood-borne infections, like HIV.
This may leave you wondering how this could happen in 2019.
Here’s how, according
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event