Photo Credit: Pexels.com
Imagine this. You book yourself in for a “Vampire Facial” treatment a la KKW and you end up with HIV? It sounds like a science experiment gone wrong, but this actually happened.
Tragically, two customers of the VIP Spa in Albuquerque, NM, were found to be infected with HIV after having PRP injections. This precipitated the New Mexico Department of Health to offer free HIV and Hepatitis B and C screenings to anyone who was injected there for a specified period before the spa was ultimately shut down after a health inspection found that unsafe practices may have spread blood-borne infections, like HIV.
This may leave you wondering how this could happen in 2019.
Here’s how, according
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS