Believe it or not, hair ages too. As years race by there are subtle physiological changes and by the time you hit your forties and fifties you may find you have a completely different head of hair. So what are the rules of youthful hair? Follow our expert guide to stronger, bouncier, and more vibrant hair, whatever your age…
DO – SCRUTINIZE YOUR PRODUCTS
With fewer oil glands producing sebum as we age, particularly after menopause, hair also suffers. It gets drier as the scalp produces about 40 percent less oil. The solution? Scrutinize your hair products and adopt a moisture-rich shampoo and conditioning routine to maintain the luster and shine.
Try: We love the indulgent Leo
Share a classic Hollywood secret for beautiful hair with this week’s Gorgeous Giveaway. We have 3 Elasticizer Extremes (a $47 value) from Philip Kingsley to give to our lucky winners. Formulated for extremely distressed, porous, and thirsty hair, Elasticizer Extreme is a pre-shampoo, intensive super moisturizing mask that is especially good for damaged and dry hair. In minutes you can hydrate, nourish, and replenish your hair.
The original version of the Elasticizer was created by Philip Kingsley for Hollywood icon Audrey Hepburn, who wanted a repair treatment to counteract frequent on-set styling and coloring. Phillip Kingsley is a classic in his own right. In 1960, he opened the Londo
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS