Photo Credit: silktherapeutics.com
One of the best things about being a beauty writer is the possibility of discovering the next great thing and being able to spread the word to my friends, family and the masses which is why I’m always excited when I’m asked to try a new product or line that I’ve never sampled before…and after trying Silk Therapeutics for a few weeks, I’m happy to report that it’s the latest line worth knowing about.
Silk Therapeutics is for anyone looking for clean, safe, effective, anti-aging products. In fact, each of the products are formulated to contain only what is necessary and effective, without any extra added ingredients. I spoke with Dr. Gregory H. Altman, PhD, CEO of Silk Therapeutics, Inc.
You lipstick could be delivering more than just a pretty pout. High-use pucker perfecters could be ingesting unwanted metals, according to a recent study. Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley’s School of Public Health have identified concerning levels of potentially cancer-causing metals in lipstick and lip gloss.
While they are not naming names, the team tested 32 different lipsticks and lip glosses commonly found in drugstores and department stores. They found lead, cadmium, chromium, aluminum, and five other metals, some of which were found at levels that could raise potential health concerns. Their findings will be published online in the journal Environmental Healt
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS