Skin is our largest organ, so what’s happening on the surface is also going to effect what is going on under the skin, internally. In fact, new studies are pointing to a link between a compromised skin barrier (atopic dermatitis and eczema) and the development of allergies that can get worse throughout childhood and beyond.
According to New Jersey Allergist & Immunologist Tina Zecca, DO, there is a lot that parents can do to help safe-guard their kids’ skin; “The skin makes up most of our body and immunologically it is such an important mediator in terms of immune response,” says Dr. Zecca. “If you look at it as a window to the body, when skin is cracked and compromised, it al
Photo Credit: Shiseido.com
When a brand turns 140 years old, you do more than uncork a champagne bottle and take a deep sip. You throw a party, and Limited Edition launches.
Shiseido’s 140th anniversary this year is marked by the launch of several blockbuster skincare products, as well as a Limited Edition of its classic Eudermine Revitalizing Essence ($60), which is a revival of the brand’s first ever cosmetic product – all in its original packaging. This is truly a collectible, and the vintage packaging (think a beautiful scarlet bottle with globe-shapped stopper) will fulfill the wishes of any retro-obsessed beauty junkie.
First introduced in 1897, the Eudermine formula has transformed very little from w
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY