Photo Credit: tomyrivero.com
With over a decade of experience in the beauty industry, Tomy Rivero is a widely sought after makeup artist. Based in New York and Los Angeles, he continually works on top magazines, feature films and television as well as collaborating with New York Fashion Week shows. Rivero has worked extensively with elite models including Dorota Kollova (Prada) and Arlenis Soso (Lancome) as well as celebrities such as Barbara Corcoran (Shark Tank) and Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones).
Tomy chatted with Beauty in the Bag about the biggest beauty faux-pas, makeup must-haves, his favorite makeup look this season and more.
Here’s what he had to say:
The testing of cosmetics on animals has been a hot debate for years. The US allows it, but the European Union banned animal testing on finished products in 2004, and just this year, completed the process by banning the sale of cosmetic products with ingredients that were tested on animals. The EU regulators hope to set an example for other areas of the world.
Now, Sir Paul McCartney, a dedicated vegetarian (as is his daughter, designer Stella McCartney) has announced his efforts to back Cruelty Free International’s work for a global ban of cosmetic tests on animals.
“I have supported Cruelty Free International’s founding organization, the BUAV over the years with its campaign t
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY