In 1996, Joan Lasker was in an enviable position. She took early retirement from her position as Vice President, Corporate Public Relations at L’Oréal USA, and moved her family from New York to Santa Fe. The plan was to ski, play tennis and take long lunches. But the old cosmetic industry siren call soon arose and Joan found herself developing a product that she knew was sorely missing from the market – an instant liquid hair color for touching up gray roots. Wearing jeans and cowboy boots instead of stilettos and power suits, Joan, from her new home in Santa Fe, founded ColorMetrics, launching ColorMark, a liquid temporary hair color to touch up gray roots in 2003. An award wi
Box dye has long been the purview of experimenting teens or a last-ditch effort for women on a shoestring budget. No more! In recent months I have come across box dye testimonials from good-hair icon Courtney Cox (a Clairol Natural Instincts Brass-Free For Brunettes devotee) and beauty scion Evelyn Lauder (the bajillionaire told Harper’s Bazaar that every 10 days she mixes four different boxes of Clairol dye to achieve the perfect shade). Clairol in a box good enough for them? Good enough for me too. I chose Clairol Natural Instincts Vibrant #4 Dark Brown because of its promise of 100% gray coverage. While I have less than 25% gray, against my naturally dark hair those little suckers tend to shoot out white light from across the room.
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY