Photo Credit: Pexels.com
From chemical peels to microdermabrasion, there are many professional skin procedures that can minimize the build-up of dead cells that contributes to fine lines, dullness and clogged pores. Dermaplaning is one of them, but this treatment goes beyond simply exfoliating the skin. According to board-certified dermatologist and president of the Dermatology Institute of Boston Dr. Emmy Graber, “Dermaplaning leaves the skin smoother and brighter while helping makeup glide on better.”
The advantage as compared to other professional exfoliating treatments? During office-based dermaplaning, a trained aesthetician uses a scalpel to manually scrape away dead cells, taking “peach fuzz” along
Photo Credit: DERMAFLASH.COM
For beauty know-it-all Dara Levy, the creation of DERMAFLASH was a lifelong dream. Considered the ‘beauty maven’ in her circle of friends, Dara took her passion for aesthetic beauty up a notch when she opened a luxury medspa in Chicago’s Gold Coast in 2009. Rather than just turning women on to her latest beauty discoveries, she decided to bring together the best of the best treatments, products, and experts all under one gorgeous roof. In December 2015, her first beauty innovation DERMAFLASH was launched, and she has more innovations in the pipeline.
Dara sat down for skinny lattes with BITB, and we picked her beauty brain about her new company and what the future holds.
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS