Now that fall has arrived and our tans have faded, pesky dark spots, dullness and uneven tone are more prominent. The good news is that you can get your skin back on track, as most hyperpigmentation can be erased, whether its with topical over-the-counter potions, cutting-edge laser treatments or professional-strength chemical peels.
“Dark spots and most types of hyperpigmentation are formed from prolonged sun exposure,” says Manhattan Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Alan Matarasso. Usually dark spots fall into these categories: freckles, smaller scattered spots; solar lentigines, also known as age or liver spots, which form on the chest, hands and face from years of UV damage; post-i
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event