Start perfecting your complexion now with this week’s Gorgeous Giveaway. We have 3 tubes of Ossential® Radical Night Repair Plus (ARV $145) from ZO® Skin Health to give to our lucky winners. A serious anti-ager, RNR is powered by 1% retinol, an unusually high concentration of this OTC ingredient (up to 6 to 10 times higher than other retinol products).
RNR targets a wide range of aging concerns: lines and wrinkles around the eyes, forehead, mouth, and lips; hyperpigmentation from sun damage: and loss of elasticity. The reasons that retinol can impact so many issues is that it addresses a major underlying cause of the signs of aging: damaged skin cells and loss of collagen production.
One of the most important things to know about your skincare is whether the product is designed for day or night use, according to speakers at the recent Aesthetic Plastic Surgery/Anti-Aging Medicine: The Next Generation Symposium 2012 held in New York City.
The most active type of skincare products are called cosmeceuticals – a word that is a hybrid of cosmetics and pharmaceutical. Cosmeceuticals generally do not require a prescription, even though many brands are sold exclusively through physicians’ offices and skincare professionals. Yet some leading brands, such as Perricone MD and Murad and others, are available at retail stores and online outlets.
Cosmeceuticals are all a
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE