Photo Credit: bobbibrowncosmetics.com
Nudes or the “no makeup” look is becoming more popular. There is a huge range of nude makeup shades that are available — Maybelline, Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, and more — and even some celebrities, like Jennifer Aniston, are embracing the au naturale look. Aniston recently ditched the makeup for her role in Cake, saying that she found it “dreamy, empowering, and liberating.”
Makeup artist Gita Bass is fond of the nude look, and has worked with celebrities like Ashley Greene, Selena Gomez, Katie Holmes, Debra Messing, among others. Her mantra is about taking care of your skin first, and the makeup will come later. She gave Beauty in the Bag 7 great “no makeup” look tips.
Photo Credit: neimanmarcus.com
There is no better time than summer to try out a nude makeup look. After all, it’s been a runway trend for years, and even lovers of the extreme like designers Versace and Alexander McQueen send models down the aisle with just a smudge of bare color. Great nude makeup looks start with fabulous, glowing skin.
But like all things simple, creating the right nude look to spotlight your assets can be tricky. Nude makeup goes far beyond pale foundation and beige eyeshadow; there is a whole array of neutrals to choose from. The goal is to create a youthful, fresh-faced appearance and you can’t do that with just one color. Find the right shades and textures—dewy, satin, matte—that make
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE