These days, gluten sensitivities are on the dramatic rise. Once the most undiagnosed digestive condition, gluten intolerances, are now known to be affecting approximately 10% of the general population – including me. And while I learned how to inspect my food for traces of gluten, I never, until recently, thought about examining my beauty products, too. If you are extremely sensitive to gluten, watch out: if gluten is absorbed into your skin and enters your blood stream, you might experience a negative reaction. Check out these great gluten-free beauty brands to ensure you feel healthy and look great!
Just to be clear, gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. Keep an eye out
Long knockout lashes are all the rage. Just walk into any department store or drugstore these days and you will find the words “Extreme” “Longer” “Thicker” pasted onto mascara-like tubes of serums that promise denser, longer lashes in just a matter of weeks.
Nora Charles, celebrity esthetician from Touch of Faith Aesthetics in Los Angeles, California, says “long eyelashes make great eyes look even more beautiful. When eyelashes are short and thin they take away from the beauty of the eyes and cause them to look dull and unimpressive. “They also cause a woman to look older than she is.”
Launched in 2008, Latisse is the only FDA approved prescription product that
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY