Photo Credit: Pexels.com
In case you haven’t been paying attention, May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and UV exposure is the most preventable risk factor for skin cancer. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, more people are diagnosed with skin cancer each year in the U.S. than all other cancers combined, one in five Americans will develop skin cancer by the age of 70, and actinic keratosis (known as AKs) is the most common precancer that affects more than 58M of us.
A new study published in JAMA on May 6th shows the chemicals found in sunscreen get absorbed into the bloodstream and has consumers and some physicians questioning the safety of SPF. Researchers looked at 4 ingredients; specifically Avobenz
If you’ve wanted to schlep your body lotion across the world but hesitated because of its physical semi-solid state, COOLA now offers an innovative option.
Its Body and Hand Lotion Bars come in circular tins and are solid; an easy fix for when you’re traveling. The bars are solid at room temperature and come in a variety of scents including cucumber melon, grapefruit peppermint, lavender chamomile, orange patchouli, and unscented. At $22 for the Body Lotion Bars, which are bigger, and $12 for the Hand Lotion Bars, you might think they are a bit pricey but because they’re in solid form, a little bit goes a long way.
A little bit of the lotion bars, when rubbed into the skin, absorbs q
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE