Do you take on a shine around your nose, forehead and chin by lunchtime? You will surely be noticing it more now as the warm and humid days of summer approach. But even in the dead of winter, you may have problems with shiny, oily skin.
You know the drill. You put on matte foundation, only use translucent powder, yet voila—in a few hours you’ve got an oil slick sliding down your cheeks again. Don’t get mad—get mattified with these six summer fixers.
Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment ($38)
I’m already huge fan of the whole Korres pomegranate collection—so
November is National Pomegranate Month and with good reason. Called the “miracle fruit,” pomegranates are chock full of health and restorative powers and beauty companies are taking notice. From acne to anti-aging to sun protection, the benefits of pomegranate are far reaching due to its bounty of vitamins B5 and C, potassium, antioxidants, and polyphenols. Pomegranate seed oil—considered as an “elixir of youth”—contains punicic acid, an omega 5 fatty acid, which helps regenerate cell growth. Together these elements enhance skin longevity, promote healthy skin, and slow down the process of aging. With all of these great benefits, it’s no wonder this fruit is so miraculous!
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS