Lasers and ultrasound-based skin rejuvenation devices are great and get the job done, but they come with a lot of downtime and some pain, says Marina I. Peredo, MD, a Manhattan-based dermatologist. “They also do nothing for skin laxity,” she says.
That’s why Dr. Peredo is so excited about Cutera’s Secret RF, a microneedling device powered by radiofrequency energy. “It’s my new favorite toy.” Dr. Peredo made her comments at a media breakfast held at Skinfluence, her Park Avenue office.
Microneedling uses tiny needles to create tiny holes in skin, which stimulate your skin’s natural healing process i.e. the production of collagen, the main building block of healthy, yo
Photo Credit: marinamaher.com
Fresh is the new frozen when it comes to facial rejuvenation, yet many of us remain unaware that the words ‘subtle’ and ‘cosmetic surgery’ can be used together.
Yes, frown lines between the eyebrows can male a person look stressed, old and even angry, but few of us are taking action to learn about treatment options that have natural-looking results, according to new survey commissioned by Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Fully 74 percent of women and men aged 30-50 would be more interested in anti-aging treatments if results looked natural.
But there is no if anymore. Today’s treatments can produce natural-looking results. It’s all up to what you want and your doctor’s hands.
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS