Dr. Alexes Hazen is a board certified Plastic surgeon and Director of the prestigious New York University Aesthetic Center. She also serves as an active Board Member of the AiRS Foundation, AiRS is a non-profit organization that helps women with reconstructive breast surgery after breast cancer.
She has researched developing 3D animation and surgical simulation to help educate both patients and residents regarding surgical procedures. Dr. Hazen has also done research focused on lipoaspirate. She developed an animal model to study lipoaspirate as well as an animal model to study radiation damage.
Dr. Hazen believes in the importance of having a sense of well-being and self-confidence, a
Photo Credit: plasticsurgery.org
He is the man of the hour, but Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Jay Orringer, MD, is not one for seeking the spotlight. Orringer performed actress and advocate Angelina Jolie’s breast reconstruction surgery earlier this year, yet he is only officially coming forward now.
Academy Award winner Jolie, a mother of six and human rights advocate, underwent a preventive mastectomy to reduce her risk of breast cancer after gene testing. She opened up about her experiences in a New York Times Op-Ed piece that got the world talking about breast cancer risk. Jolie’s mother, actress Marcheline Bertrand, died from ovarian cancer in 2007, at the age of 56.
Jolie tested positive for the BRCA1 gene
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY