For those of us with dry, sensitive skin, season changes undoubtedly cause a plethora of issues. As the weather gets colder and the boots and coats come out of hiding, I experience them at full-speed. Scaly legs? Check. Itchy, inflamed arms? Double check. I’m always looking for something to use in the shower that exfoliates without irritation, and the made-in-France Gentle Body Scrub by Avène has proven to be my skin’s new savior.
Having always been hesitant towards exfoliating beads due to their roughness, I found that the beads in Avène’s scrub were small enough that I barely even noticed they were there. I put the scrub on my loofah in the shower and instantly noticed a softne
The word lavender comes from the Latin root lavare, which means “to wash,” but it’s renowned for its distinctive fragrance, which comes from pressing the essential oil from its violet flower. Since ancient times, it has been used in baths to help purify the body and spirit, as well as a remedy for insomnia and anxiety, depression and fatigue. Research has confirmed that lavender produces a calming, soothing, and sedative effect when its scent is inhaled. Today you can find this wonderful scent in soaps, shampoos, sachets and beauty products, like those listed below. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about lavender and how it can bring you serenity and a good night’s
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY